Do you have any antique lovers on your gift list this holiday season? I know I do. There are many antiques and collectibles available from your local antique mall and shops that may fit your gift giving budget.
Depending on what your family members and friends collect, you might get another item for their collection. You also might get them another type of collectible you think they will like.
For family and friends who do not collect antiques, there are also gifts from the antique world that will fit with their modern lifestyle.
Gift Ideas $30 or Less
- Depression glass vases in ruby, green, cobalt or clear colors.
- Glass or brass candlesticks - singles or pairs. I love grouping several individual candlesticks in the same color instead of using pairs. Bonus: they are easier to find and less expensive.
- Ball jars - great for kitchen storage or workbench storage, as well as for display.
- Vintage postcards, stamps, coins.
- Costume jewelry.
- Vintage Barbie dolls and clothing without the original packaging.
- Other vintage dolls and toys.
- Hand mirrors for the dresser.
Gift Ideas $30 to $100
- A rocking chair - still amazingly comfortable after all these years!
- A wall or mantle clock.
- A wall mirror.
- Vintage clothing for the fashionista.
- Vintage jewelry, handbags.
- A yellow ware bowl.
- Ironstone platters and bowls.
- Vintage Barbie dolls in the original packaging.
- A child's rocking chair or school desk.
- A great occasional table or end table.
- A lamp.
You can find many more unique and unusual gift ideas just by browsing through your local antiques mall. Go this weekend while the sales are on.
Still unsure what to buy? Many antique malls also offer gift cards!
Please comment to share other ideas you have for unique and antique gifts.